Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Old Games

Today I introduce a website for PC games lover.
It is “GOG.com”.

http://www.gog.com/
(Top page of GOG.com)

GOG is abbreviation of Good Old Games, as formerly called. The service collects a lot of PC games published from 1980s to 2000s.
You can buy one as a download product with reasonable price. The products are DRM free. You need not register your personal information with publisher. And you can install the software into multiple PCs.

The lineups are quite rich. Products include;
“Master of Magic” – A fantasy strategy game like “Civilization”.
“Might and Magic 7” – They are very famous series of role playing games. Other numbering titles (4 to 9) are also available.
“Wing Commander 3” – Flight simulator with space opera in which Mr. Mark Hamill acts the hero.

All of them fascinated me in my twenties. Actually I do not like the trend of nostalgia for the good old days. However I must recognize the fact that some old titles have charismatic charm.

Some titles are sold out, or unavailable on newly Windows OS even if I hold a CD rom. So I had missed them. GOG remade them work on Windows 7. It is tough work I guess.

Now, I buy some of them. The only problem is that I have no time to play them at all.

(*sequel)

(** more sequel)

No comments:

Post a Comment