Thursday, April 11, 2013

A case of impeachment court: unreported fact

Today, I had an interesting experience about a case and a news report.

The news is that the Japanese impeachment court decided to fire the assistant judge.
He had been accused for filming upskirt video on the train and fined by the Osaka Distinct Court. But he had been suspended from his position. Finally, impeachment court, composed of some members of parliament, confiscated his judicial license.

Osaka District Court judge fired for filming upskirt video on train

I knew this news via the Japanese news site. According to this, the lawyer of him claimed that dismissal was too severe.

How do you think about this?
I guess many people think the claim of this lawyer is not appropriate. Because sex crimes are so hated.

I tweeted about this news with my comment, in which I said that the lawyer might have a hard time, for there were few examples of trials for a judge.

However, the backbone of this case was far from my assumption.

I was notified this from a Facebook blog by Mr. Keisuke Tsumura (in Japanese), one of the members of concerned impeachment court.

I will introduce this entry briefly.
The censored assistant judge presented his will to quit his job soon after arrest. He also refused to get retirement fee. He had no intention of staying as a judge. Then, this impeachment court was meaningless for him. Mr. Tsumura felt that this assistant judge was sincere at all.
However, it took long time to determine his punishment. He was suspended for more than 6 months. Mr. Tsumura says that process of impeachment court does not work well.

Contents of this blog are not reported at all in mass media. Perhaps I misunderstood the real figure of this case. I should be careful and watch it with critical thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment