Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My motivation

The question that why do you work is a difficult problem. Today’s economic and technological development has enabled us to live without earning daily food. If most of us stop working, the world would not change. So what is the motivation for us to work for others?

I wrote about motivation 3.0 written by Mr. Daniel H. Pink in past entry. He said that monetary rewards have limitation for enhancing motivation of human. He defined motivation 3.0 composed of three elements, "autonomy", "mastery", and "purpose".

For myself, my origin of motivation is composed of three, "curiosity", "thought of obligation", and "hope for future".

First, I like novel things. New products fascinate me. I also want to know something new. When there is a unclear matter before me, I hope to clarify it. Research for unknown things often fails. Nonetheless, I want to research it to satisfy my curiosity. I guess every researcher has this kind of sense more or less. To know does not need the reason.

Second, I have so called Nobles oblige. Of course I am not a noble. I am only a citizen. However, when I was born as a citizen, I have somewhat oblige, I think. I owe to my ancestors for my life. A lot of people cannot survive for their congenital diseases. I am only luckier than them, not superior to them at all. Therefore I owe something. I have an obligation.

At last, I believe in the future. Tomorrow must be better than today. This thought let me make an effort. If something I performed today helps others in the future, it is my pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment