Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Salisbury and Stonehenge (2)

Salisbury and Stonehenge (1)

After leaving from Salisbury, I visited Stonehenge.


Stonehenge is an English heritage, a ruins of an ancient temple or something. It is guessed to have been created thousands ago. The purpose of this gigantic object is still enigmatic.

It rained a little I reached there. Fortunately, the rain stopped soon. It would have been a nightmare if it had been continuous.


This is the entrance of Stonehenge. It took 10 GBP.


From a distance, I could see the whole scene.


This is the Stonehenge. Although many stones, perhaps placed on the standing stones, are lost, we even can imagine the original form.


There were some more giant stones around the Stonehenge.


By the road to the Stonehenge, I saw lots of cows eating grass.


The cows were quite calm.


Several people rode on a trim or a bus to carry them to the ruins.


I enjoyed old British landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment